Loom Knitting

groomingalJanuary 17, 2008

I was wondering if anyone here knits using a loom? As I was browsing the 90% off section of Hobby Lobby I came across several looms. I purchased a blue round one and a wooden oblongish shaped one.

Mind you I have no clue how to knit- I tried once many years ago and failed miserably. I now have severe carpal tunnel and am unable to hold things for very long. This means NO needle projects- so giving up the loom and using needles is out of the question.

I tried out the loom and figured out the "e" stitch- I LOVE IT!! It has turned out to be so much fun and easy on my hands. Can any other knitters that use looms recommend some sites for basic beginner (aka I know zilch about knitting) sites? How about best sizes of looms to use (as I understand it is the color you go by?)- yarn selection, etc.

I greatly appreciate any help other loom users can recommend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grumpy72

I have the looms but they frustrate me as I tend to be a loose loomer and that drives me batty! LOL!

You might find some good resources here! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bev's Country Cottage - Loom page

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 11:47PM
groomingal

Thank you so much- I think I will try one of the purses they showed. I have made an afghan, 2 hats, and 2 scarves since my last login. I am in love with looming!!! I posted an ad for our area to see if there is a looming or knitting group. I think it would help me tremendously to learn from others that knit.
I would like to start more advanced projects- but I think I need to find an experienced knitter to learn from first.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 11:17PM
BrendaStr

I never knitted before until last year my mom got me the long purple loom. I made a afghan in no time it was so easy and fast. Now i got the round ones and have been knitting just about everyday. I love them. Here's a group just for loomers that i think you will like. This site wouldn't let me put the link on here for you. Google knifty knitterlooms group and check it out. Brenda

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 5:25PM
msmolly49

I have been doing this for about a year and I too LOVE it. If you do a search for loom knitting you will find a lot, but you also need to go to YouTube and watch those videos, they are really helpful. Check this site out too, great.

http://decoraccentsinc.com/looming_instructions.html

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 5:40PM
More Discussions
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
Sponsored Products
Surya Mystique M-349 2'6" x 8' Plum Rug
$226.80 | PlushRugs
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LR Resources Rugs Satori Purple 9 ft. x
Home Depot
Calvin Klein Rugs Calvin Klein Maya MAY01 2'3" x 8' Mineral Rug
$399.00 | PlushRugs
Couristan Five Seasons South Padre Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Cream/Blue - 307101
$19.00 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Austin Red/Creme 5 ft. 3 in. x
Home Depot
nuLOOM Natura Natural 2' 6" x 8' Rectangular Area Rug 10'
$350.00 | LuxeDecor
Light Teal & Ivory Dakota Hand-Loomed Rug
$29.99 | zulily
Karastan English Manor Brighton Rug Multicolor - 02120 00506 030048
$229.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™