Loom Knitting

groomingalJanuary 17, 2008

I was wondering if anyone here knits using a loom? As I was browsing the 90% off section of Hobby Lobby I came across several looms. I purchased a blue round one and a wooden oblongish shaped one.

Mind you I have no clue how to knit- I tried once many years ago and failed miserably. I now have severe carpal tunnel and am unable to hold things for very long. This means NO needle projects- so giving up the loom and using needles is out of the question.

I tried out the loom and figured out the "e" stitch- I LOVE IT!! It has turned out to be so much fun and easy on my hands. Can any other knitters that use looms recommend some sites for basic beginner (aka I know zilch about knitting) sites? How about best sizes of looms to use (as I understand it is the color you go by?)- yarn selection, etc.

I greatly appreciate any help other loom users can recommend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grumpy72

I have the looms but they frustrate me as I tend to be a loose loomer and that drives me batty! LOL!

You might find some good resources here! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bev's Country Cottage - Loom page

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 11:47PM
groomingal

Thank you so much- I think I will try one of the purses they showed. I have made an afghan, 2 hats, and 2 scarves since my last login. I am in love with looming!!! I posted an ad for our area to see if there is a looming or knitting group. I think it would help me tremendously to learn from others that knit.
I would like to start more advanced projects- but I think I need to find an experienced knitter to learn from first.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 11:17PM
BrendaStr

I never knitted before until last year my mom got me the long purple loom. I made a afghan in no time it was so easy and fast. Now i got the round ones and have been knitting just about everyday. I love them. Here's a group just for loomers that i think you will like. This site wouldn't let me put the link on here for you. Google knifty knitterlooms group and check it out. Brenda

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 5:25PM
msmolly49

I have been doing this for about a year and I too LOVE it. If you do a search for loom knitting you will find a lot, but you also need to go to YouTube and watch those videos, they are really helpful. Check this site out too, great.

http://decoraccentsinc.com/looming_instructions.html

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 5:40PM
More Discussions
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™