looking for a crochet afghan pattern

gakernilJanuary 14, 2012

years ago, Family Circle and Woman's Day used to put out an issue about in October or November with 6-8 pages of gifts to make for Christmas. I am looking for a granny square pattern from one of these magazines, it was granny square, multiple colors and rows of white or off white that kinda was indented not the pattern stitch. seems to me there were a couple of kids pictured with this afghan. have it in my minds eye, it is just not in my pattern collection! anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

That's not much to go on. Without the year it was published it would be hard to run a search. The link I'm posting is not a Family Circle or Woman's Day magazine. It's just the pattern that came to me from your description. Maybe you could check out the photo and give me a better description of what you're looking for. I'd like to help.

Here is a link that might be useful: sort of granny square afghan

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 2:24AM
gakernil

have the afghan pattern you sent, thank you but not what i am looking for. this was a traditional granny square, in one square, looked to be a varigated yarn but between every round, there was a white or off white row, not consistant with the granny pattern stitch, maybe a single crochet around and then the varigated started again. the white or off white row looked just about indented. hard to explain, i have looked thru my patterns and it is not hear, have internet searched also. thanks for any help.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 11:18AM
gakernil

think i have come up with a pattern that is as close to what i am looking for that i am going to find.

Here is a link that might be useful: city squares throw

Bookmark   January 18, 2012 at 1:52PM
donna_loomis

Ah, now I think I have an idea of what you are looking for. I have a book called "Our Best Baby Afghans" put out by Leisure Arts and the afghan on the cover looks to be similar to the City Squares Throw.

Here is a link that might be useful: Afghan

Bookmark   January 18, 2012 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™