medallion or brookhaven

malewDecember 4, 2010

Have been lurking the boards and have seen many positive reviews of both cabinet lines. I know these are not an apples to apples comparison, but now that it comes time to spend my money, I need some help deciding.

comparing Brookhaven frameless to Medallion designer gold (plywood box). I have found a door style and a finish I like from both. Slightly prefer the medallion door style. Slightly prefer the Brookhaven finish.

Cost is coming in less than $1k difference with the Medallion still being the more expensive including a current promotion. Total cabinets cost just under 17k.

Both kitchen designs will include most all of the upgrades such as: soft closed drawers and doors, pull out drawer bases and finished endpanels all around. For similar money, is either one hands down a better choice? In 20 years, which one will have stood the test of time?

Many thanks for your oppinions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

If it's not too late and you haven't already done so, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Conversations" side that's for off-topic conversations. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there.

Good luck!

Bookmark   December 8, 2010 at 10:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cflaherty

Malew,
What cabs did you end up with?
Thinking of getting Bookhaven Frameless.
Courtney

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
Dishwasher location
How is the location of dishwasher determined? Left...
ourgeorgiahouse
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™