I never knew this forum existed......

organic_donnaNovember 26, 2006

I found this forum when apsosca directed me here from my kitchen post. I feel kind of foolish now because I post many of my emotions on the kitchen forum. I didn't know there was a conversation forum. Why didn't anyone tell me? If I didn't know I bet a lot of others don't know either. And what is the "Discussions forum? I think there are too many sub-forums.

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_donna

Now I feel even more stupid. I just went to the discussions forum and realized it's the Kitchen forum.
Donna

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 6:35PM
pecanpie

Donna, we all get emotional where our kitchens are concerned! Not to worry! A lot of us have finished kitchens and stay in touch on this 'side'.

Come on over to the other side :-)

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 7:57PM
bill_vincent

Don't feel like you're any different than anyone else, either. We're ALL a little stupiderer when we first come over here!!

:-)

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 12:13AM
mitchdesj

It takes a while to figure things out, don't worry about it. It's quite simple actually; most people don't want to seem like the forum police and upset people by telling them, "post that in conversations", etc.....

Enjoy and have fun, keep sharing....

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 6:05AM
organic_donna

It's too bad we can't just interject out emotions into the Kitchen forum. Otherwise it's just "bricks and morter".
Donna

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 6:46AM
uxorial

Welcome to "the other side" Donna! And don't feel bad about not knowing about it--when I first started posting on the cooking forum, I didn't realize there were other parts (gallery, exchanges) until someone pointed them out.

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 11:20AM
celticmoon

Donna, we are all walking the same path. Some are ahead of you, some behind. You discover things as you go.

No worries.

Bookmark   December 1, 2006 at 11:01PM
jillypie

Donna,
How was your thanksgiving? How are my buddies, your kitties? Because of you, we are adopting another Oci in January. Thank you for pushing me over that "edge."
Jillypie

Bookmark   December 2, 2006 at 7:56AM
kitchenstumpt2

Well, I'm here! I didn't know this place existed either. It's nice to know that there is still another place to air grievances, vents, etc. It feels kind of lonely though. The dates indicate infrequent use. Oh well...I'm glad I found this place.

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 1:42PM
Happyladi

I didn't know it was here either so don't feel bad.

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 4:26PM
organic_donna

kitchenstump2, welcome to the other side. Maybe with my recent post on the kitchen forum more people will use this side of the forum. It isn't used very often, so let's change that. Maybe we can make this forum so popular that the kitchen people will have to post their kitchen questions here!! LOL
Donna
P.S. Clare, are you still with us?

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 8:00PM
redbazel

I see a lot of emotion on the kitchen forum. How do you rebuild your kitchen without it? But for off-topic conversations, something like this place over here is more appropriate, for sure. I belong to another board that's been around for several years, and they finally subdivided into a more Decorating oriented board and a more General conversation board. I like that setup much better because it used to annoy me when I wanted to read about drapery lengths and paint shades and chandelier crystals, to find someone posting their travel photos of Peru instead. Now, everyone has a place to find what they're looking for. I see here, that someone is having trouble with their son's braces. I'm going to read that next, and hope that that poster will get whatever input she is hoping for.......but it certainly wouldn't belong on "Kitchens".

Bookmark   December 3, 2006 at 9:49PM
sjerin

I lurked for 4 or 5 months before I ventured over here, and at first I was a little intimidated. I felt that everyone on "this side" were friends, and I didn't want to intrude. But the nosey side of me won out, and now I post. As on the kitchen side, I'm grateful for the advice!

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 2:19AM
organic_donna

jillypie,
Another Ocicat!!!! you just made my day. Will it be a kitten? Male or female? What color, you know they even have lavendar Oci's. Oh, I wish it were me. Do you have pictures yet. Please tell me more. I can help you when you introduce the two cats.
donna

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
Did they sell me a bad piece of soapstone?
Hello soapstone owners: I paid $1,400 (including installation)...
leavemeout
Anyone have experience with JSI rta cabinets? Essex or Dover?
I'm looking into this brand as suggested by a previous...
happyallison
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™