need ideas for using the Clover Wonder Knitter

quirkpodJanuary 17, 2008

Anyone else using one of these small looms to make drawstrings? THat's what I bought it for and it is wonderful! It will make terrific handles for the next drawstring purses I want to make. My drawstring was made using the 3-prong attachment and worsted yarn. It came out perfect, despite instructions that were very poorly illustrated (I refused to let that stop me). I threaded the finished drawstring thru a casing around the neck of a knitted short poncho-type capelet I just made (my first knit project) and tied it in a bow in front. Very sweet! I am thinking children would love using one. The loom did not come with any patterns, and so far no one on this forum has mentioned this terrific little loom. It's so small, the loom can fit in a coat pocket. Very portable! Please post your ideas for using the loom to make stuffed animals and beaded jewelry, as shown on the package, and everything else we can come up with.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quirkpod

Here is a photo of the finished knit shawl. The drawstring is in the neck casing. Hope u can see it. PS: I crocheted the gloves.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo

Bookmark   January 17, 2008 at 3:41PM
grumpy72

I got one of these for my 6.5 yr old and she is madly in love with it! she is going to make a really really long string and then she wants me to sew it up in a circle and make a rug or blanket out of it! LOL! When she finishes her rug/blanket thing she wants to make a butterfly for her sister!

I never thought of using it for drawstrings or felted handles! (oh oh..... better hide it! LOL!)

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 12:02AM
dhouse_wowway_com

I also am looking for patterns and things to use for the
strings you can make with my Wonder Knitter

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
knitted rippled afghan
I would like to use up some scrapes of yarn and make...
mystic_2008
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Looking for free pattern
I am looking for a free knit pattern for a little girls...
krazyknitter
Crochet Owl Fingerless Gloves
If you have some left over yarn you can easily to make...
jane_green
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™