Wanted to share

cherboJanuary 25, 2007

I just wanted to share a picture of the socks and cell phone case I just finished. The socks are the second pair that I have ever knitted so there are a few mistakes in them lol. They are knitted with Patons Classic Wool. I'm really enjoying knitting socks, I'm working on a baby pair right now. The cell phone case is made of the same wool as the socks and felted. I used the pattern at the following link. It's actually an iPod case but works for my cell phone.

http://www.acmoore.com/projects/yarnproject.asp?ProjectSubCategory_ID=38&ID=1055

Here is a close up of the cell phone case.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Good job, Cherbo! I love knitting socks too. Yours look yummy. I bought some yarn at elann.com that I want to turn into a pair of supersoft socks for me and some gloves for my mother. A lavender mix of angora and silk (Mom's gloves, which I just started last night) and a teal mix of angora and cashmere.

Bookmark   January 25, 2007 at 7:02PM
foggyj

cherbo, those are great! Good job. I've never felted before, but I'm going to read about it and try something. Was the phone holder easy for a first project?

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 1:36PM
HiDiane

They are lovely, Cherbo! I love the color. A friend of mine used Paton's Classic Wool in beige to try KoolAid dyeing and it turned out very nicely. We did a mini workshop on it in my kitchen. It was pretty amusing seeing that what we were cooking was... wool :)

Socks are my favorite thing to knit, too.

These are fun to make and felt:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html

I posted them on another message here. I have made several pair of them for relatives (and myself) and now get requests. They are very yummy and cozy.

Diane

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 2:35PM
cherbo

Diane, I have been thinking about making the fuzzy feet slippers. Guess I need to go shopping for some more wool.

Cheryl

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 3:02PM
lawmar

Cherbo, those socks are nice! You did a great job for your second pair. I'm on my 5th pair and on every pair there's something, you know where you have to pick up the stitches for the heel? I still can't get that to look perfect, maybe someday I will. That felted cell phone case is so cute! I have done some felting, made mittens and purses - it's really fun to see how they turn out, isn't it? Keep up the good work.

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 8:47PM
suebdoo

cherbo, what a great job you did on your socks and cell phone case! They look awesome!

Sue

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 2:06PM
bostonpat_gw

Those socks came out great!

I made those fuzzy feet "socks" - they are the warmest slippers I have ever had. I did lengthen the cuff a bit so that they came up over my ankles. I used the Lamb's Pride and they felted beautifully. One thing I would recommend is to take a blunt needle and some yarn and weave it through any holes around the gusset - they felted closed quite nicely - I did this on one but not the other. The one I didn't do this on does have a wee hole, but the slipper is still cozy!

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 1:32PM
ladybuglove

These are great. I do have a question how do you put pics on the forum. They are great

Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 9:48PM
damascusannie

Nice socks! I love knitting socks and I'm always on the hunt for good new yarns. While I know that the little errors seem glaring to you, I certainly couldn't see anything noticeably wrong with them. The cell phone case is too cute!

Annie

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
ISO a pattern to knit a Bat Wing sweater.
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a pattern to knit a Bat...
AussieWa
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern
I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas...
lmush
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™