I'm new

judyhinmanJanuary 26, 2012

I am new to this forum and would like to know if there is a way that I can get an email every day letting me know what new topics have been posted and to direct me to this page.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

This website doesn't do that. You just need to bookmark it or save it in favorites.

If you check the dates on the posts, you will notice that there isn't a whole lot of activity here, some people respond to posts that are 3-4 years old and wonder why they don't get an answer.

Have you looked at Ravelry.com?

-Babka

Bookmark   January 26, 2012 at 1:31PM
foggyj

It's too bad that more people don't use this forum for exchange of information. It used to be more active. You can type a post, and hope that good folks like babka, or Donna, will come and respond. Just keep checking.
Welcome.

Bookmark   January 26, 2012 at 9:31PM
jjknitter

There is a site that has a newsletter and if you sign up
(free) you will receive it every day.
Has different sections like asking craft questions, getting
help and lots more.
The site is called "Knitting Paradise"
at: http://www.knittingparadise.com/
Hope you enjoy it like me.

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 1:19AM
socks

As Babka said, definitely check out ravelry.com. It is an incredible resource where you can get help with any knitting problems or questions, look at yarns, etc. You join, it costs nothing and they don't bother you with emails. This is a nice forum, but Ravelry has thousands of members and topics.

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 8:14PM
judyhinman

I have gone to Ravelry and can not find a group. Is there a special place to go where you can find the group?
Thanks.

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 8:31PM
Babka NorCal 9b

You need to join (it is free). Go to Forums or Groups. Which Group are you looking for? I know that at first it is overwhelming, but poke around the website and I know you will find what you are looking for. ;-)

-Babka

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 9:13PM
socks

Did you join? You must join to see the groups.

Don't be overwhelmed, just know that there is a lot there and you will learn it over time. There must be hundreds of groups, and I'm sure you will find one or more you like. If you are looking for a group which will email you, I doubt it is there. There are new topice introduced in the groups every hour. It is a very active site where you can learn and share.

Bookmark   January 29, 2012 at 12:38PM
tami_ohio

What jjknitter said! You will get a daily "digest" email, which takes you to the most recent topics for the day.

I think this site has slowed down a lot. For a while, most posts were just asking for patterns. Plus, a lot of us were too busy with Christmas knitting/crocheting, and got burned out on it, needing to take a break. It will pick up again. It goes like this every so often.

Tami

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 7:08PM
gabriell_gw

I discovered Knitting Paradise last fall and I can assure that I learn at least one new thing every day.I read topics that really are not of interest and end up with a hint I can use.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
I want to learn to knit or crochet.
I have no one to teach me. Which is easier to learn...
eclair
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Lined Mittens
I am knitting my first pair of mittens. Have not knitted...
colorcrazy
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™