photobucket problem?

sandra_fergusonJanuary 28, 2009

I know lots of us use photobucket to store and send photographs, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing I have? The last 2 times I visited I immediately got the ANTIVIRUS 2009 screen.....I didn't fall for the rather scary warning about the virus now on my computer and "click here" to scan your computer....etc(It seems this is a "rogue anti-spyware program that uses false spyware results to lure you to purchase its full version.") However, what bothers me is that the only 2 times I've received this were while I was on the photobucket site. Could this be only a coincidence, or have any of your experienced it while on photobucket?

(In case you received it and DID click on their site, here are the instructions to get rid of it...our daughter ended up having to go to her computer 'guy' to get it off her computer)

http://www.removal-instructions.com/removeAntivirus2009.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

Weird--I used Photobucket several times yesterday (wednesday) and never had the problems you experienced.

Annie

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 9:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_ferguson

VERY strange, indeed. I must admit I'm loath to visit photobucket again, for I can't imagine it was just coincidence that the only 2 times I've gotten that durn antivirus junk was when I was there. I guess, though, I'll have to try it again....glad to hear you didn't have the problem and hope I won't, again, either.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
sesame Street Patterns
I have some charts of the characters. I saw some people...
clare1501
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™