Replacing ac heat pump

aggie0608March 18, 2014

I live in Southeast Texas and need to replace my 5 ton heat pump. I have quotes on a Lennox, Bryant, and American Standard. The prices are comparable. The units I have been quoted seem to be the upper units of the lower series of all three brands. Price of the upper series are out of the question. There seems to be a significant jump in the prices to move up to the middle series. It seems that if I have a p&l warranty, the difference would be the efficiency. My question, is the additional cost worth the savings by moving to the lower or middle end of the mid range units? Will the additional cost be recouped in the 10 to 15 years? Also, is my assumption about life or maintenance of the unit with having a p&l warranty correct.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ionized_gw

Have to know the model numbers of the equipment in question. Some of the more expensive equipment may give you greater comfort by improving humidity removal. That will also keep your home healthier (both the structure and you) by keeping the humidity in a better range.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 7:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aggie0608

I am leaning toward a Lennox 14 HPX-060 with a CBX32M or CBX 27M air handler.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Baseboard heater thermostats
We are looking to install (2) 120v baseboard heaters...
stephja007
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
Does anyone have experience with an R6GI?
I'm looking at some options to replace one of my HVAC...
aggieben
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™