Crocheted lace bridal veil

jmdj1994January 20, 2008

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or patterns or websites or ANYTHING they could share regarding crocheted bridal veils. I am wanting to make something for my sister's wedding, and I was thinking maybe a headband with tulle or something. I am not creative enough to venture to make one on my own, so anything any of you wonderful people could contribute would help. Thanks in advance and God Bless!

Marie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I fear a crocheted bridal veil would prove to be quite heavy on her head and hair if it is of any length at all. And it would take an awfully long time to make too. Why not make her a beautiful crocheted edge on a bridal handkerchief which she could use or put in her bride's purse. Or make a cute and tiny purse for her to have at the reception to hold the hankey, lipstick, etc. I have also seen patterns for a crocheted garter, if she is going to wear one. But they are usually tossed, so she would not have your garter to save as a keepsake.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 3:32PM
profsusan

here's a link to a few wedding items - the hankie, garter, bag, etc. She could keep your garter and throw another if they are planning to do the traditional. At my son's wedding, no garter and no flowers were thrown. Also no wedding cake but assorted pastries to represent who they are - a pecan tart for her southern roots (NC), a cannoli for his Italian roots and a small key lime pie since they got married in Florida. An edging for her veil might be OK but brides may be fussy -- my DIL did not even use a veil, not interested, only a tiara! Hint around to see what she might be interested in before you invest time in making something she wouldn't use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochet Pattern Central

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 4:39PM
sheilajoyce_gw

Our DD also skipped the garter and throwing the flowers. Glad she did.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 7:53PM
qiviut

There's one at this site

Here is a link that might be useful: crocheted veil

Bookmark   January 21, 2008 at 4:17AM
More Discussions
Have you done this?
I knitted a sweater. It was with a yarn that was the...
barb_roselover_in
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™