Entrelac

clinkJanuary 18, 2007

Has anyone done any entrelac --specifically, the Lady Eleanor stole in "Scarf Style"?

Any tips? Everyone says its easy but as I read the pattern-- it seems confusing.

I'm using Noro's Silk Garden --- should be beautiful but I really want it to turn out perfect.

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yarnoverboard

I have done several entrelac sweaters. It really is not difficult. The bottom is several "base" triangles from which the stitches are picked up along the edges. Silk Garden makes a gorgeous entrelac garmet (I made the Jacket in one of the Debbie Bliss/Noro books) Try following the directions as they are printed. They don't read sensibly, but if you just do it, it does start to make sense...

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 11:25PM
clink

Yarnoverboard -- You are so right. This is incredibly simple. I'll have to look into the Debbie Bliss book -- I think I'm hooked on doing another pattern.

Did you have any problem with Silk Garden --- spicifically knots?? I had been reading lots of criticism of the yarn online. I have yet to find any knots and I'm on skein #4. It certainly is a beautiful yarn.

Thanks for your advice.
Cathy

Bookmark   January 24, 2007 at 11:05AM
feedingfrenzy

I've knit two sweaters with Silk Garden and I have to say that there were some knots. I really like the sweaters, though, and they get many compliments. I don't know of another yarn with such subtle color changes.

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
looking for Annies Attic Dainty Dress Up Pattern
Does anyone out there have or know where I can get...
nursemom
Need vintage pattern please
I am hoping someone can help me. I lost the pattern...
francy13
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™