OMG I'm doing it...

Vickey__MNJanuary 18, 2009

I just started a sock using Magic loop, toe up, and after starting over once (seems I always have to start a sock over once), I am doing it! Not so sure I like using two circular for one sock, even 4 DPM's seem easier to do, but until I finish a couple of paisr of socks this way, I'll withhold judgement. After doing a couple pairs this way I will have to try a couple pairs doing two on circular...I want to try all ways before I decide which way "I" like best!!!

My name is Vickey, and I admit I am a sock addict!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

If you are using two circs on one sock, you aren't doing Magic Loop. Magic Loop is done on one circ.

Annie

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 10:51AM
love2knit

There are so many ways of doing socks - one sock on 2 circs, 2 socks on 2 circs, either 1 or 2 socks on 1 extra-long circ, which is Magic Loop. I, too, plan on trying them all, both toe-up and top-down. So far I've only made 2 pr - 1 at a time - both on dpns. So many socks, so little time.... LOL

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 6:51PM
Vickey__MN

Shoot, so I'm not doing magic loop, I have another kind of sock to learn? Oh well, That means more fun!!!

Vickey

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 7:18PM
cannahavana

One reason I like to do socks (or anything for that matter) on circulars, is that I can put the stitches on the cord when I put them down and don't have to worry about the stitches slipping off. I like to throw a sock I am working on in my purse and off I go!

Rebecca

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 7:22PM
rmlanza

Does anyone have good instructions for the magic loop method (two socks on one long circular)? I have the yarn and the needle but can't figure it out. Got the stitches cast on but I guess I haven't figured out how to join them. I've been doing DPN socks for a few months now and I too am a sock addict!

Thanks,
Robin

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 2:37PM
tami_ohio

Robin, google "magic loop method for knitting socks". You should find a video on line, or at least instructions on line for it. I will tell you, however, learn to do ONE sock using the magic loop method before you try doing two on one needle. I find it very difficult to do two. I do both socks at the same time using the magic loop method, but on two seperate needles. One on each. This way, I can make sure I start the socks in approx. the same place in the color variation when using the self striping yarn, and I do a little bit on each sock, switching back and forth between them. I fought with getting them both cast on on the same needle, then keeping the yarn untangled.

From another sock addict!

Tami

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
crochet hook size
If you use a bigger hook will the product be bigger?...
casi
Looking for Knitted Slipper Pattern with Ribbed Sole
I bought these slippers at a craft sale, they are knitted...
enjoyingspring
Bargello-like Long Crochet Potholder pattern
When I was a kid (70's?), I made my mom some potholders...
lascatx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™