help with interpreting a pattern

happyknitterJune 13, 2007

Hi! Can somebody be so kind to help me interpreting the following knitting direction from a toddler knitted hoodie.

it reads " Decrease row: (RS) Decrease 1 st each side as follows: For Right Side of Hood, work across to last 3sts, k2tog, work 1st; for left side of hood, work 1sts, ssk, work to end - 61 sts remain each sie. Work 1 (WS)row. Repeat Decrease Row once, then at each center edge, BO 2 sts twice, 3 sts once, 4 sts once, and at the same time, at each outside edge, B0 7 sts twice, then 8 sts once. BO remaining 27 sts each side."

I know this might be a lot to have someone help me with but I would be sooooo grateful if anyone could.

Thank you so much in advance!

becqui

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmaknits47

It sounds like there are two separate sets of stitches on your needle? A right side to the hoodie, and a left, both on the needles at the same time?

Boy, without actually sitting down and struggling a bit with it, I just don't know. If that is the case, then it would make sense, and you would just follow the directions step by step. Hopefully, someone else here can shed a little more light on things.

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Knitting or crocheting? Which one first?
I would like to learn to knit and crochet. I've tried...
newgardenelf
How about this?
Want to make a simple little scarf to wear with a coat--not...
barb_roselover_in
Looking for Annie's Attic pattern club newsletter binders
I am looking for the small binders for the pattern...
Liz Wright Eads Fitch
Teddy Bear Afghan
The picture of this isstill in the gallery. It is just...
minnie_tx
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™