Knitting machines

bizzylizzyMay 21, 2006

Has anyone here worked with knitting machines? How fast is it really to learn how to use one?

My DH is encouraging me to consider buying one. I'll try to make the long story short. See, I mostly do crochet, I have learned to knit only simple plain and purl rows. Now I'm dabbling into crocheting clothing items, but he keeps hearing me complain about how long it takes me to create things, he and I talk about me opening up a booth in town to get out of the house and start a business that I would enjoy doing (crocheting and fiber crafts, etc). So I was considering the knitting machine to make quicker items, and perhaps embellish with some crochet.

I was thinking to get the very reasonably priced knitting machine from Michaels ($220/Cdn) and try it out. Is it worth my time and money, or should we think of something else? DH is even saying I should make some items, and possibly sell imported cheap stuff "off the docks" lol. Has anyone made money with similar ideas? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bizzylizzy

Woops! I must have accidentally posted in the pix gallery, sorry about that - Liz

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
craft fairs
What have you found that is selling good this yr? Thanks. Hope...
sorie6
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...
I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend...
profsusan
plain knit scarf
I am knitting a scarf--just plain knit stitch, no purl....
barb_roselover_in
Shoulder Sling Purse
Hi Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share?...
dollydolots
Granny Square vest
I knit a lot while riding my exercise bike. I want...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™