Get together....

patty_cakesOctober 26, 2009

I see paulines is trying to get people in the Boston area together. Is there anyone in Austin, or ANY town/city in the vacinity who would like to meet up?

I've only been in Austin one year(Oct. 4)and absolutely love it! I came from...please don't hit me with tomatoes...the state of CA(San Diego), but orginally from IL.

Would love to meet up with anyone interested. ;o)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweeby

Can the Houston contingent come? (Lyfia lives near Austin, and she used to come down for our Houston get togethers.)

I'm also a California girl...

Bookmark   October 27, 2009 at 2:34PM
patty_cakes

Hi SWEEBY, aren't you on the Home Decorating and Holiday forums? And Lyfia, too? Where does she live 'near' Austin? I think ANY Texan would be welcome! ;o) I've only lived in Austin for a year so don't know my way around Austin, let alone Texas, so was wondering if we could all meet someplace here, even my house~i'm right off the 290, heading toward Austin.

I hear Houston has some neat shopping~antique/home decor stores primarily. Are there any fleamarkets 'up' that way? A friend and I went to Round Top in the spring and again in the fall, and thought the prices were off the wall! I have a space in the Round Rock antique mall, so need to find things on-the-cheap.

Anyway, let's see if we can get a couple more gals to meet up with us. Lots of good places to eat here, and great Margaritas almost everywhere! LOL

Bookmark   October 27, 2009 at 3:22PM
lowspark

If we meet in Houston, I'm definitely IN. If we're meeting in Austin, well I'm a "maybe". I have actually done a day trip both to Austin and to San Antonio to meet cooking forum friends so it's not out of the question. Lyfia lives about half way between Austin and Houston.

I'm always up for meeting more GWers!

Bookmark   October 27, 2009 at 4:26PM
patty_cakes

My thoughts are for everyone to give a date/dates that would work for them, and then we can narrow it down.

I'll be gone from Nov 18-Dec 2, so anytime after that would be good for me. Whoops~not Dec.18. ;o)

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 2:02PM
sweeby

Waiting until after Christmas would be best for me... You know how busy this time of the year gets, and it would be great to have a good turnout --

Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
Conestoga essence line or merrilat classic with upgrades
Has anyone worked with the Conestoga essence line cabinets?...
jgHG
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™