Where did ricardog's posts go?

sombreuil_mongrelOctober 17, 2006

Were they removed by admin? Was he a troll? I can see where he was a bit inflamatory, but then so is throwing gasoline on a bonfire. He must have really pressed somebody's button.

Casey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paulines

Unfortunately some people just love to complain. When the moderator(s) receives a complaint, the threads/post magically disappear - right, wrong or indifferent.

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 5:20PM
proudmamato4

Well, he was just a troublemaker anyway, regardless of how funny he was. I forget who was so funny in their responses...it really was quite entertaining.

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 6:14PM
mitchdesj

He sure seemed like a troll, yet he said he was a long time lurker............
The threads lasted long enough that he could have chimed back but he never did. It was funny but eventually it would have turned ugly I think.

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 9:15PM
sjerin

I think he was just bored (three sheets to the wind?) that night and decided to stir things up. Hope no one took offence, as I doubt he was serious.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 1:23AM
momj47

He wasn't a long time lurker, he just joined in September. He posted on a lot of forums, and his posts were pretty nasty on all of them. If he had anything useful to offer, it clearly got lost in the flames.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 6:16PM
sombreuil_mongrel

On some other boards I belong to, the admins will ban a user, lock the topic, but its rare to see threads disappear. When you can follow a objectionable thread from a banned user, you at least get to see the why's and wherefor's of the shunning.
Casey

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 7:22PM
organic_donna

I posted some pictures of my cat and they magically disappeared. How does someone complain to the moderator?
Donna

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 6:03PM
mitchdesj

Od, go to the very bottom of the discussions page, there is a link to Letters and Comments and you can email the moderator that way.

I don't think your pics can magically disappear; try reloading the page, on some computers it's called refresh page ; or quit and start again so you can see your pictures. On my browser, I click on View, and there is an option to reload the page. Sometimes, there is a delay before pics start loading in a thread.

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 6:14AM
jerzeegirl

I think they are cracking down. In the Buying and Selling a House forum, a post that was nasty (but not any worse than others I have seen) disappeared along with the responses to the post telling the guy to lighten up.

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinet samples
Does anyone have any barker cabinet samples that they're...
tigger9759
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™