Fatigue mat on laminate flooring

Tropigal3December 9, 2011

I just got laminate installed to include the kitchen, which was against the recommendation. I had two fatigue mats, one at the stove and the other by the sink. I was told that it is not a good idea to put any type of tacky material on the laminate because it could permanently stick to it. I want and need to put some kind of mat in the two areas because I have foot problems. Also, I want to put area rugs in the family room, living room and at each door entrance but that will require me to add some sort of non-slide mat under each rug. Eeek! What do I do? I need suggestion from those of you who have laminate floors!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patriceny

I have had a gel pro mat on the laminate floor in my kitchen for several years, with no problems whatsoever. But there isn't any tacky material in a gel pro mat.

I think the only problem with the anti-fatigue mats would be if you get water (or something wet) underneath them and then don't clean it up, the wetness would probably warp the laminate pretty quickly.

I also have a regular area rug in front of a side entry door. I had to put an anti-slip mat on the floor under the rugs - without something anchoring them they slid out from under your feet pretty dangerously! (It made bringing groceries in quite exciting. :) ) Anyway, there is residue stuck on the laminate there from the rubber mat....but I've never even tried to clean it up, because I'll always have a rug there so I'm not too worried about it.

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 9:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tropigal3

Thanks patriceny!

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Hallmark Hardwoods Historic Walnut Alta vista collection
Has anyone installed Hallmark Hardwoods Historic Walnut...
lotsofkids
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
3/8 vs 1/2 inch thick engineered hardwood for staple down installation
We are trying to decide between two similar engineered...
chellefnp
Matte or shiny hardwood floors...what's your preference?
We are going to sand and refinish our floors. What...
jtaime2
concret floors
can you put linoleum on bare concret floors
marykwiley
Sponsored Products
Nourison Julian JL22 Area Rug - Ivory Ivory White - 31381
$639.00 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Area Rug: Ultimate Shag Orange 8' Round
Home Depot
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Classic Accessories Belltown Standup Patio Heater Cover - 55-273-015501-00