Wideplank Flooring

MichelleDTDecember 24, 2011

Looking for some help. We are building a new home and really want a wide plank (at least 5" - would love wider), acid or pickled oak that has a very contemporary greyish look. The only thing I can find is Carlisle flooring which looks beautiful although not really grey toned. Are there alternatives to Carlisle or is this a good solution and I should look no further?

Happy Holidays!

Thanks and CHEERS!

M

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

Only other alternative I can suggest for you is to employ and expert unfinished floor installer/finisher who can give you exactly what you're looking for. Yes, we exist, but we're a rare breed.

Grey floors are trendy recently and there are several techniques employed to get a greyish result. If you search the archives over at the Floormaster's website, you can get a description of the many ways this can be done.

Floormasters is a site for professionals to share their expertise and knowledge. So long as you remain respectful, no one will jump down your throat...hopefully.

And Merry Christmas to you too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Floormasters

Bookmark   December 25, 2011 at 10:01AM
woodfloorpro

You can also check the European manufactures for prefinished hard wax oil floors in many washed colors. The demand for them in our area is negligible but in major markets they are readily available. We do as Glen suggests and custom finish in gray's, blues etc. when needed with great success.

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 12:59PM
inspector

Would also suggest trying these fine brands:

Hallmark Hardwoods - Buena Vista collection, Dune color

http://hallmarkhardwoods.com/images/catalogs/buena%20vista/buenavista%20brochure%20low%20res.pdf

Du Chateau - Vernal Collection

http://duchateaufloors.com/#/collections-vernal/

Urban Floors - Villa Caprisi collection, Abruzzo or Brindisi color

http://www.urbanfloor.com/VILLA-CAPRISI/

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 1:16PM
Junepo

I am looking at wideplank flooring made by Urban Floors. Their Villa Caprisi collection is just stunning. I am torn between the Calabria color (ligheer brown) or darker and reddish Verona color. Any suggestions?

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 12:17AM
millworkman

Why would you ask that here and not start a new thread instead of hijacking old threads unless what your really doing is spamming the site!

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
floor refinishing question...how long does it really take?
I am looking at getting my floor refinished. It is...
cindywhitall
bamboo floor fumes--anyone else have this problem??
Hi, has anyone installed a bamboo floor and had trouble...
nikwaters
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™