Brushed granite questions

enoiSeptember 6, 2010

I really need some good advice regarding brushed granite. We're in the middle of a total kitchen renovation; first ever for us so each decision is difficult. We have decided to pop for granite counter tops. We have two slabs of typhoon bordeaux BRUSHED on hold. We love it but, after reading about the increased staining issues possible with brushed, we're getting cold feet. Anybody HAVE a lighter color brushed granite like this? Please share your experiences with it. Tho' I've been researching, I still don't REALLY understand the difference between leathered, brushed, and honed. What will a "color enhancer" do to "my" typhoon bordeaux brushed? I'm only a moderately tidy housekeeper. Dare I proceed with having this granite installed or do you think I'll soon be regreting doing so?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

If it's not too late and you haven't already done so, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Gallery" side that's more for finished kitchens and the like. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 3:26AM
More Discussions
please share feedback merillat classic, eastman, armstrong
I've been looking for moderately priced cabinets. Please...
abekker
Kitchen update.
New cabinets - Natural Cherry - Ramsey Cabinets VA Soapstone...
arch123
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Need advice on choosing type of kitchen cabinet hardware
We are having our house totally redone after a fire...
celocey
Suggestions on this kitchen plan
Please give me your comments on this floor plan. The...
12crumbles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™