Am I being a Priss?

josie724September 7, 2008

Tonight my dh and I went out to dinner to Cheesecake Factory, not an upscale restaurant, but not a seaside crab shanty either. We were seated next to a woman who had her shoes off and was sitting with her legs crossed under her, my kids call it Indian style. So I could see her feet sticking out. Does anyone else think this is rude and this woman has no manners or is just me? I don't like seeing other peoples cheesy feet while I'm eating........ewwwwwwwww

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Yes, it's rude - most restaurants require people to wear shoes - but I think they only check when you enter. Even for the Cheesecake Factory, it was pretty tacky.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 9:45AM
ccoombs1

I've been to cheesecake factory and because of the way you are seated....sharing a bench with the people at the next table....she was WAY out of line. You probably aren't even 12" away from your neighbor and she was rude.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 1:44PM
morton5

I think it was rude, but you are being a priss to dwell on it. Okay, now I guess I am being rude, but you did ask. I hope you have a better experience next time you dine out.

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 6:27PM
igloochic

I was at an upscale restaurant last week and one gal had her feet up on the chair opposite her. I noticed it because it's rude to put your feet up on chairs anyhoo, but as morton says :) I didn't dwell on it. In fact I forgot until you mentioned the feet thing. If it bothered you so much you were distracted and had difficulty eating, yes you are being a priss. If it's just a thought "wasn't this rude" that you're sharing...well then it's not such a big deal :)

I think women putting their purse on the table is rude. I notice that much more than feet :oP

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 7:06PM
josie724

It didn't bother me enough to distract me. I was just sorta trying to see if it bothered other people as well, it's not the first time I've been in a restaurant and seen this. Yes Igloochick it was more of an observation that I think people are losing their manners more and more these days, OMG I sound like a 90 year old....LOL
I'm not dwelling on it.

Does that still make me a priss ;-)

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 8:00PM
igloochic

Ok then you're not a priss. At the same restaurant I saw the woman with her feet up on the opposite chair, there was another couple playing cards. This was an upscale restaurant and people were waiting for tables...and they sat there and drank a glass of wine and played cards.

Yes, people are getting very rude! ANd I guess since I feel that way..I'm a 90 year old too LOL :oP

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 1:42AM
josie724

Hey igloochic, I might ACTUALLY turn 90 by the time my kitchen is done.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 9:34AM
morton5

Igloo, I'm with you re. putting your purse on the table-- who knows where that thing has been.

And Josie, not that you're a priss, but I think I out-priss you anyway-- after all, I scolded igloo about the funny booze poster.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 12:57PM
josie724

Putting your purse on the table is not only rude its gross, the bottom of most purses have more bacteria than a toilet.....

Morton5....

Is this going to turn into a prissing contest......ROFLMAO
Searching forums to find post about funny booze poster.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 4:22PM
igloochic

LOL Josie, I started my kitchen at 42...I'm 45 now...and hope to see it finished before 89 :oP

And I installed that poster, and a cigarette golf poster as well today :oP I'll be sure to take pics :o) heh heh

I think that post is a chicken post, but I can't remember.

Bookmark   September 11, 2008 at 1:32AM
josie724

Yes Igloo, it was a chicken post. I read it....

Bookmark   September 11, 2008 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Baker Cherry Shaker doors vs IKEA Laxarby doors
Please advise on Baker doors. I am going to get IKEA...
enduring
Proximity of Sink to pantry wall - how to avoid water damage?
I currently have just enough space for a 12 inch counter/cabinet...
sl4321
Kitchen/House Reveal - DIY with Scherr's RTA. Better late then never
I have been meaning to post here for years but I really...
toddimt
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™