Les - Back Pain book???

DLM2000August 29, 2012

What is the name of the book you've recommended over the years? Or is anyone else knows what it is. I thought i'd saved a link but can't find it and now my son is having ongoing issues. He's the type that will follow a regimen outlined in a book so this is a good option for him.

Thanks for any info on this.

Deb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 12:03PM
DLM2000

THat's it! thanks so much, terriks. I'm chatting online with my son now. He's been seeing a chiro and he says for the first time in his life, he feels worse after those appointments and just keeps getting the same adjustments week after week. Hat it that my kids are so far away :(

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 12:23PM
yayagal

That book saved my life and I credit this forum and Les in particular. I had 15 years of hideous pain and three discectomy, laminectomies. When I read the book and put the theory in to practice, my pain level went from 100% to 25% and life is much better for me. Thanks Les.

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 11:54PM
lee676

I haven't read the whole thing, but thus far A Nation in Pain by Judy Foreman is excellent and well-researched, and delves into all sorts of treatments and their effectiveness, with exercise being the most prominent.

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 5:39AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I haven't heard of this book...just got it out of the library. I have a friend who has chronic issues and thought maybe this could help her....Thx!

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 1:58PM
ellendi

Funny, Stossel was just talking about this book. I recommended it to my BIL, who has chronic back pain.

Chiropractors are hit or miss. i too have come out worse than better. Not that they created damage, but saw no improvement and sometimes had pain where I didn't before.

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 2:29PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I find a huge difference in quality of chiropractors...some have magic hands, some are worthless, and some I think are even dangerous.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 7:52AM
texanjana

I must be lucky and have a chiro with magic hands, because he has done wonders for me. I was a skeptic, but was in so much pain from degenerative disc disease which triggered sciatica that I was willing to try just about anything. I am now a believer, but I think Annie is right about some not being as good as others. I am going to read that book also.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 11:04PM
tinam61

Physical therapy can also be a huge help and will teach you ways to make your body stronger and in many cases, this will help with back problems. I also suggest trying massage, but it's a bit hit and miss to find a good massage therapist - one who knows what they are doing. I recently had a problem with upper back/neck muscles that was causing problems in my shoulder. Thankfully, massage and exercise have just about cured it!

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
Help with floor plan - change keeping room to kitchen or dining?
I'd appreciate feedback on my modifications to the...
juddgirl2
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
TV show Perception set decor
If you haven't watched the show, it's a good one. But...
Annie Deighnaugh
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™