Allergy to home - Replaced Flooring

tp912December 13, 2010

I purchased a new home in June. Since moving in, I have developed a constant contact dermatitis, that recovers fully upon leaving the home for a few days. I recently decided it was either solve the problem or sell the house, so I removed all the carpet and glued down cheap hardwood flooring. Within a few days my problems were completely alleviated. I ordered formaldehyde free hardwood flooring and the took weeks which it took to arrive I continued to have no problems. It has been 3 days since the flooring has been installed, and my problems are quickly returning and worsening. How could this be??

Products used

Wood - Sideways flooring Bart Maple - http://www.plyboo.com/sideways.html

Underlayment - http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/utility/showProduct/?objectID=3618

No glue.

Where did I go wrong again? I feel like I just spent 9,000 only to start my problem over.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bh401

My kids have contact allergies. In the house we built 9 years ago if my daughter laid in the floor she broke out where ever her skin touched the carpet. daughter allegic to cheer, son allergic to gain, I'm allergic to clean breeze tide. I breakout from mold-used to have cows and horses. I would have to shower after feeding hay. Such fun. Anyways if you haven't changed detergent. You might check into the chance of mold(sorry, I know that sounds scary but be sure before you throw more money at your house.) I say this because I assume you are not rolling around on your hardwood floors. So the contact may be something in the air not your floor.

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
How many different types of floors are ok in a house?
We currently have one type of hardwood in the formal...
emma018
Help with floor height difference between kitchen and other rooms
So, I've never really done home renovations before,...
Aubrey Curtis
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™