Ductless? HVAC plans take up a lot of closets in my old house
The conventional HVAC plans for our house show several large spaces being taken up for ducts. I have looked into a ductless system, but the prices have been nearly double the cost of a conventional system. Also, most people warn against using ductless for a whole house installation. What are the drawbacks of ductless when considering a whole house installation?
Many of the complaints about the ductless system are the looks, but some of the new ceiling vents look just like a regular A/C duct vent. Here is one example: http://www.comfortup.com/lg-12-000-btu-flex-multi-inverter-heat-pump-ceiling-cassette?gclid=CI3Wypbb_bwCFZLm7AodlkUAvg
* Ductless are supposedly more efficient
* Ductless takes up less closet space in my house
* Ductless takes up less attic space
* Ductless appears to be much more expensive
* Not as many experienced ductless installers
* ductless are perceived to decrease home value
* noise? Not sure about his.
I am looking for your helpful suggestions. Thanks!