Luxury Vinyl Tile/Planks

sail_awayDecember 12, 2011

Anyone have any experience with or knowledge of luxury vinyl tile/planks? We are looking at the Downs LVT for our kitchen. It is apparently a floating floor, which locks together using the Unilin L2C locking system.

We installed engineered wood flooring in our basement some years ago, and the installation was pretty straightforward. We're hoping this will be similar, but would love to hear from anyone with actual experience with the product.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennywestover

Down's LVT is easy to install, especially since you have experience with laminate. What questions do you have?
Jenny

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 3:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sail_away

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. I have questions about its durability, ease of maintenance, and whether it tends to have problems at the seams with buckling or having dirt or crumbs settle in the seams.

Since first posting, I have had an opportunity to work with the LVT and actually put together some pieces. It seems to work exactly as the engineered flooring that we put in the basement.

Mostly, I'd like to hear from those who have put the LVT in their home and how happy they are with it after having it for a while. The flooring store where we are considering buying it has only been selling it for six months.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Appalachian Flooring made in Canada
http://www.appalachianflooring.com/evershine I have...
cindywhitall
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
Any advise? Refinished floor looking horrible
Hello, I am hoping somebody will have some piece of...
mokotes
Need help getting ink/marker off hard wood flooring
Anyone had a child mark on their hardwood floors with...
mattsarmymom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™