I wonder if these guys visit gardenweb...

lilathabitJuly 27, 2006

I saw this kitchen design showroom and thought of you guys.

I know their formal name is Total Kitchen Outfitters, but the logo is just too coincidental.

Here is a link that might be useful: TKO

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snookums

I think I had read somewhere (in a magazine) that most kitchen designers lurk here and on HGTV.com (they have a kitchen forum there too).

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 5:24PM
bill_vincent

You'd be surprised who comes into these forums. Over at floorstransformed (another forum very much like John Bridge's), you don't need to register to post, so anyone can come in there, and use any name they wish. About a year ago, the webmaster let me know that I'd helped someone whose real name I'd be sure to recognise. You just never know WHO you're talking to!! :-)

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 8:04PM
snookums

That's true. As far as celebrities and such, I'm sure that they are very active on the internet. Think about it - it's probably one of the only ways they can be a part of the mainstream with some privacy. And I'm sure that most of them are TKO'd, too.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 8:15PM
mahatmacat1

Oh, I don't know--it references "technical knockout", even before it became our little diagnosis :) I'd say innocent until proven guilty.

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 8:18PM
hamptonmeadow

Of course, many of you already know I am really Gwyneth Paltrow. ;)

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 5:58AM
mitchdesj

very funny, hampton !! if we only knew......

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 6:37PM
adichristi

Meg R... here!

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 1:19AM
mimi7718

OMG Lila, did you actually go to the showroom, or just happen to find it online? I was driving in the neighborhood and saw the TKO sign, and actually thought that it might be related to the Garden Web (not). So I went in and looked around. Nice stuff, and the place wasn't "officially" open yet, so the owner had time to talk and show me around. I told him about the Kitchen Forum. Haven't been back though. It's right in my neighborhood.

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 8:11PM
lilathabit

Hey mimi, that was my old neighborhood before I moved away to Rockland County, but I still go back all the time to visit family and friends. I wish I could move back.

I didn't actually go inside TKO. What did the owner say when you told him about these message boards?

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 1:16AM
mimi7718

Sorry I haven't replied before this. I told the owner about the kitchen forum, and he immediately went to his computer and opened up the site, but then said it wasn't what he thought it would be. Who know, maybe he lurks or maybe not. But he had some gorgeous stuff on the floor.
Do you really miss the old neighborhood? I've lived here all my life and really like it. Took my daughter a few years after she moved to NJ not to keep running back to Bklyn at the drop of a hat. Hard to miss family and friends.

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
knobs or pulls on cabinets - function vs. look
Hi all, We are still slowly inching along with our...
remodel-mama
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
Close matches to Conestoga popular White paint colors
We often get asked whose paints Conestoga uses on their...
Cabinet Joint
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™