vintage radiator needs replacement

ZophieMarch 25, 2014

I have a leak in a small vintage in-wall steam radiator, 18" wide, 5" deep, 2" tall. We discovered the leak while renovating the bathroom. The leak isn't' coming from the feed pipe, but is a crack in the radiator itself.
What can I replace it with? I've searched the web but haven't found anything. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

From the info you give, you could have mostly anything. Since you're renovating the bathroom you can thus DO mostly anything.

Is this an open loop system (do you need to vent steam)? You can replace like with like. You can get something fancy instead. You can use any old finned tubing. You can hit a demolition/recycling yard. You can hang a heated towel rack radiator. You can lay down steam sub-floor heat. You can lay down electric sub-floor heat.

Sounds like more of an opportunity than a problem! There's no real restriction.

    Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 1:14AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Moving floor vent to toekick area
Hello. We are renovating our kitchen as well as baths...
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
Honeywell th6320R Thermostat
My Honeywell TH6320R thermostat (communicating with...
1 vs. 2 stage cooling? 80% vs. 95% furnace?
I'm in SoCal near L.A. (zip 91354). Two story house...
M. A.
Heat Pump.....will it really save me money?
I recently moves into a new house in Mass, a 1650 sq...
Sponsored Products
3/8" Double Cell Light Filtering Perfect Arch. Free Samples and Shipping!
$83.00 |
Area Rug: Astronomy Newton Chocolate 2' x 3'
$83.97 | Home Depot
Vintage Indigo 400 Thread Count Hemstitch Sheet Set
Replacement Glass Body with Spigot for GG91599
Classic Hostess
Bruck | Ledra Ice Square with J-Box and Driver
$312.00 | YLighting
New Light Blue & Ivory Floral Oushak 3' x 5' Hand Knotted Turkish Wool Rug H3591
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™