Refacing kitchen help

s.gregory1958July 17, 2008

I have heard the good and the bad regarding cabinet refacing. HD make it sound as if DIY project of a kitchen will only look professional if they do it. Fact or Fiction? It really doesn't look to be all that difficult or am I just kidding myself. Any advise will be welcomed to assist me with my decision.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

You might do better with responses if you post this over on the discussions side. This side is for the off topic threads, and yours is about as ON topic as it gets!! :-)

I see you just joined today! Let me be the first to say welcome to the insanity!! :-)

One way or the other, I couldn't help you on this. I'm one of the resident tile guys. Anything tile, I can help with!

Bookmark   July 17, 2008 at 7:30PM
emagineer

Just repost over in kitchen discussions. You will get tons of answers. In the meantime, I had my entire kitchen refaced in a medium cherry. It was done by 2 guys, small business. They went beyond the call of duty and it turned out beautiful.

Going to Home Shows I have noticed a lot of refacing jobs are not up to par. Biggest issue is the overlays on edges which were chipped. I recommend you ask to look at existing work before committing. Some do not use real wood, although more expensive with wood it is worth it if going the reface route.

Pricing is definitely a consideration. CAn be all over the place, but also dependant upon materials and quality. Sometimes new cabinets may only cost a bit more. Also, Sears was a joke just looking at their samples.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 8:42AM
Happyladi

Don't use Home Depost. They gave me a quote for my kitchen that was more then $3,400.00 more then a local person. They are very pricy. Shop around.

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 2:15PM
cab3014

How do you post on the "discussions side", as Bill recommended? Where so I find a link?

Thanks!

Bookmark   May 10, 2009 at 11:20PM
buehl

If you look at the top of the list of threads, you will see the following:

Off-Topic Conversations [Switch to: Discussions : Gallery]

Click on the "Discussions" link. Or....see the link below!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Forum/Discussions

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 12:21AM
jhodg13

Being in the refacing business for over 25 years and refacing over 2000 kitchens to date I strongly suggest a professional. I've seen more than my share of d,i,y disasters in my career.
I'm located in north east Illinois if you are interested?

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
Laminate seams around sink... Is this acceptable?
Hello everyone! I love reading these forums but have...
Summer Owen
raee - any tips for cabinet maker you recommended?
Sorry, I still seem to be unable to figure out how...
oasisowner
Anyone bought a sink from www.seamlesssinks.com?
http://www.seamlesssink.com/ledge-galley-sinks.html much...
Dietitian
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Faucet Choice: Blanco, Hansgrohe or KWC
Hi, We are remodeling our kitchen and will be putting...
jazzcook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™