I am only trying to help

fairegoldJuly 25, 2007

I swear I am not a "moderator" nor am I trying to be a busy-body of any sort. I've just made three posts to people in the Kitchens forum attempting to help the new people, two to direct people to the Appliances forum, and one to redirect the poster to the Discussions side instead of the conversations side.

We seem to have a lot of new people lately, and I am only trying to help them find their way to the place that will give them the best information on their questions.

So please forgive if I seem a little too busy around here this morning, just trying to help folks out!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claire_de_luna

I think it's great you are. As someone who feels entirely burned out/up, I've quit trying to be helpful much any more. You're always such a good role model!

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 12:54PM
momj47

I think it's great too, but.....No good deed goes unpunished. I hope you don't get any snippy responses.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 6:42PM
fairegold

No comments except from you two, I just felt that I was being a little obtrusive this AM, but my cause was good. LOL!

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 8:26PM
gfiliberto

Someone has to show 'em the ropes, and noone knows their way around here better than YOU!
Thanks!

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 9:00PM
mcmann

I appreciate your suggestions and your appliance and kitchen comments. I originally found the appliance forum by googling 'appliance ratings.' I only found the other forums when some helpful poster (it might even have been you) pointed them out. I just found out about Hot Topics this week.

So keep it up.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 9:38PM
lowspark

Fairegold,
I'm usually too lazy to give that kind of guidance so I agree, it's good that you're doing it.

The one answer I always want to post but never do is when people ask for pictures of a specific item such as:
"Show me pix of your silgranit sink"

I'd like to guide them to the FKB which has categories for exactly those kinds of specific items but the one time I did that the results weren't positive so now I just keep my mouth shut.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 2:03PM
sweeby

You're fabulous Fairegold!
(By the way, I just also wanted to say that I respect and appreciate your input on my HBP post as well in case I sounded argumentative and defensive there...)

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:29AM
ellene613

At least you're polite!

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 5:08PM
fairegold

Me? I have been unbelievably rude or just plain snarky more than once. I'm just glad you have a short memory. LOL!

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
What could cause this cracking?
Hi all, I purchased white painted cabinets from a mid-range...
sstrazisar
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
White Macaubus and Sea Pearl quartzite
We are considering White Macaubus for our kitchen in...
poppy3212
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™