Need help choosing granite - among other things:)

cakesnmattyJuly 18, 2008

We are planning a mini remodel on the kitchen and family room of a 6 year old house we just recently purchased. The cabinets are a light honey maple and even though I would prefer something darker, they will have to stay as will the tile floors which are killing my feet:( The things that I would like to do are: replace the island counter with possibly a light creamy granite (the laminate is burned in many places) and replace the perimeter counters too but I am undecided as far as material (my budget may decide for me.) I would also like to add pendant lights over the island and new hardware to the cabs. For the hardware I was thinking of ORB but my faucet will likely be chrome, is that a no no? There are some pendant lights in the Pottery Barn catalog that are hammered metal that I love but they are a whiter metal also. This room has an attached dining area with a small chandelier that I would like to replace also.

Here is a picture of the kitchen:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/cakesnmatty/kitchen5.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you lovely folks may be able to provide, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these boards and learning from you all!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
allison0704

Have you tried posting this on the Discussion side of Kitchens where you'll get more responses?

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 9:29AM
More Discussions
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
Terracotta versus porcelain versus ???? for floors
Would love to have input on what to use for the floor....
sayde
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™