When You Go looking for a Job...........
I have two family members (not living with me) right now, who need and want a new job. I've given them some advice. Actually, I even found 3 separate jobs for one of them, and he may just take one for right now. But here's my question...
Not counting jobs that come available in your own company that you might post for in-house, or jobs that get offered to you personally by people who have worked with you or met you as a client, If you need a new job do you....
1. Only go to places or fax resumes to jobs posted in the classified section. (Checking the Want Ads)
2. Spread the word among friends or family and follow up on any leads they give you. (Using the Network)
3. Use Online venues heavily like Craigslist and monster.com. (Computer Addict who likes to Fax)
4. Use the phone directory to find businesses that are in your interest range, and walk in Cold asking for an application. (Cold Calling)
5. Watch for "Help Wanted" and "Employment Opportunities" signs in the window and walk in. (Spur of the Moment)
6. Use a combination of all these methods with no particular preference. (Anything I can)
And, in line with that......If you walked into a Bank/Store/Restaurant/Office/Construction site........just to hopefully pick up an application to fill out later, do you come Dressed for an Interview and Prepared for an Interview, or do you just come in casually?
And, in your opinion.....whether it's worked for you personally, or even if you inherited the family business and you've never worked anywhere else, What do YOU think is the Best Method for finding a good job?