Recalls

Elraes MillerAugust 30, 2014

Somewhere along the way I started tracking recalls. There are a number of sites including gov.

It surprised me that a number of appliances and common items we use are listed. More so when someone posts about buying a specific item. The sites let you search by manufact, serial number, model or just a name.

Do any of you check recalls prior to buying? I see the various products still being sold in stores, of course the salesperson is never going to tell you there is a recall. You have to learn about it on your own to get your new product fixed. Most which are truly dangerous are removed, although I still see them on shelves. One was a spray sealant for tile and 2 years later it was still on a big box end cap. They did finally get it off shelf.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RoseAbbey

i am on an email list mailing for food that is being recalled for i.e. listeria, e coli. etc. contaminated items

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 7:36AM
redcurls

Wow, that's scary! I thought they had to take things off the market...apparently not, huh? Although, I must say, oftentimes it is certain lot numbers that are recalled. Could that have been the case?

I think I read once that it is not even legal to sell recalled things on craigslist or at yard sales...for instance; car seats, strollers, baby beds.

Bookmark   August 31, 2014 at 3:05AM
redcurls

Sorry..duplicate post...

This post was edited by redcurls on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 3:15

Bookmark   August 31, 2014 at 3:14AM
More Discussions
can anyone school me on encaustic tile?
I've found a pic of this gorgeous bathroom tile but...
daisychain01
Red / burgundy accent wall?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Lighting suggestions for extremely dark kitchen
My first post since site has moved, although I've been...
peacamp
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™