Trafficmaster Allure Ultra

hedygsNovember 21, 2010

I see that Trafficmaster is selling the Allure as a click together floor now. Has anyone had any experience using this product?

I would think that this would eliminate the problem of edges not adhering together well.

Thanks for any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twinnera

I didn't know Trafficmaster Allure even came in anything other than what I got where there is an adhesive edge that sticks one piece to the next. By the way, I hate it and after just one year, I am ripping it out and replacing it with an engineered wood floor.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 4:38PM
hedygs

Twinnera thanks for the response. What is prompting you to tear it out? I am trying to find flooring for my basement and it is making me crazy because I don't want to use tile and carpetting gets so dirty.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 4:56PM
bblipsy33_yahoo_com

Wow I just purchased this product in the cherry color for my deck that is enclosed. I hope that i will be happy with the final outcome. I intend to start laying it later today after buying it from HD yesterday spending 500.00. Twinnera what was the main reason you do not like it now?

Bookmark   January 18, 2011 at 12:18PM
hedygs

Lauren I hope you like it. I am waiting for a couple color samples but this is my top choice still. I was wondering if you are not supposed to let it acclimatize in your home before install?

Please let us know how you like it (complete with pictures of course :) ).

Bookmark   January 18, 2011 at 1:01PM
tom421

I just finished installing this flooring in my kitchen so far it looks great. It butts up to a just refinished oak floor. I have to admit the Allure Ultra looks good.

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 11:37PM
barbcollins

tom421 - How did the installation go? Any problems? Any tricks?

I have used the old style with the adhesive tabs several times and had no problems. I currently have it in my bathroom, and still love it.

Working on a kitchen remodel now, and trying to decide whether to use the old style or the new Allure Ultra. I am disappointed that the Allure Ultra does not come in tile patterns (yet).

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Natural hickory...yes or no....pics inside
I got a sample box and put it out on over the carpet...I...
msekfe
Suggestions for Beach House Flooring
Building a 2500 SF house and 500 SF carriage house...
cobbyw
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
LVT or Tile
I am trying to decide what to replace my carpet in...
hlariscy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™