UV-cured Oil Finish on Engineered Flooring?

dwpcNovember 20, 2012

We've narrowed down our choices to four samples. All have AL oxide finish...except our favorite; it has a UV-cured oil finish on oak (by Provenza). We have two 30 lb dogs and are concerned that the AL oxide will show scratches that would be unrepairable short of full refinishing. We like the idea that the UV-oil finish can be touched-up if necessary. Comments and experiences with oil finish on flooring?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
UniqueWoodFloor

UV-cured oiled floorings are getting more and more popular for sure in the past few years. We sold couple of more jobs with this type of finish every month. People appreciate the stories about the finish in the wood, totally green, repairable, many commercial uses. We had an area in our showroom with UV oiled flooring in smoked look. Barely any care besides a damp mop cleaning each week. Still in good shape after 5 years plus. We can restore it to new by a deep clean with Woca cleaner and then rebuff the Woca oil back into the wood.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 4:33PM
kimdave

Hi! I was wondering if you installed the Provenza UV oiled floors and if so, how are they holding up? We are looking at the same product in Desert Haze, which is a very light, rustic finish.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 2:36PM
polkadotz

kimdave, did you end up choosing the Desert Haze? We were just looking at it this morning and love the color and knotty-ness.

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 5:52PM
dwpc

We've had the Provenza oak floor down for over a year and love it, and we've have had many compliments.

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
Color/species of new wood floor next to original VG Fir?
Our 1918 house was added on to in the 80's and rather...
fjernsyn
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™