Marmoleum click floors

StorybookFarmNovember 28, 2011

Hi!

I'm thinking of putting in Marmoleum click (or glue down) floors and am looking for input. Does anyone have this kind of flooring?

My farmhouse (see pictures here: www.theclanstead.com) is a turn of the century house that was abandoned for 30 years when we bought it last May. On the blog linked there you can see our progress, but where I'm stuck is on flooring. I've gone with a look for the bathroom where I used black and white small hex tiles and an actual antique bowl and pitcher (again, see pics) so I'm wanting to use something that evokes (and fits with) the age of the home. Linoleum is a natural choice, and I'm thinking black and white checkerboard (can't get much more traditional) but the fact that this is a remote county of the state means that there are few contractors who have *any* experience with installing glue-down linoleum. Hence, the idea of click.

Again: anyone with experience got any advice for me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Ask in the kitchen forum--it's not uncommon there. Most people have good luck. I used sheet Marmoleum so I can say the material is great but can't speak for the Click system.

(I CAN say that you for sure don't want an inexperienced linoleum installer and I think checkerboard DIY Click sounds perfect!)

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 12:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jmc01

We have the clicks and had it installed by guys recommended by Marmoleum, primarily because of floor leveling that was needed. We love it - so easy to maintain.

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Install carpet over laminate flooring?
I am buying a house that has laminate wood flooring...
rlb4
Any experience with BellaCera hardwood flooring and/or hickory wood?
We fell in love with a hickory hardwood in their line,...
happyallison
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
Chinese Hardwood Flooring - After Lumber Liquidators & 60 Minutes
Wondering how folks are now feeling about buying imported...
Ken Fisher
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™