Countertop and backsplash choices

lavender_lassJune 17, 2011

So many people seem to have trouble finding the right countertop and backsplash, for their kitchen. How many posts do we see, asking about these specific choices?

For me, the backsplash was pretty easy, but the counterop has proven to be a real challenge. What I like, what I can afford, what I want to maintain...they never seem to end up being the same thing! LOL

Anyway, how hard was it for you? Are you still deciding? Any tips/ideas for the rest of us? Thanks in advance :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MCMesprit

This was tough for us in our recent reno of our MCM kitchen. We had chosen "golden rock" granite with a fair amount of movement for the counter top and didn't want a back splash to compete with it. On top of that, there was already a wall oven cabinet veneered in stone and a exposed very large fireplace adjacent to the kitchen. Oh, and gray porcelain floor tiles in a large brick pattern. We ending up nixing the back splash aside from a 4" trim in the same granite. The rest we just painted. Simple solution and it works great with all the "hard" elements in the room.

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
What do you think of the deeper Ikea wall cabinets?
To me, it would seem that 15" deep is excessive....
Chinchette
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™