Custom made kitchen cabinet door hinges?

kitty56June 22, 2013

We are upgrading our kitchen and due to cost, the fact that we like our current cabinets, they are in good shape and they are excellent quality we are planning to keep the cabinets. There is however, one glitch. They have a type of door hinge that is no longer available. My H has researched it back to the company that made them, and they are out of business. He found it online, but then they said it was unavailable. He has not been able to find the same hinge again. Don't ask me what type I need, lol. I just know he said it is a very particular knife hinge. These cabinets were made 40 years ago. The doors also don't lend themselves to just using any replacement hinge - it is very specific because there are notches in the edge.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a company that would custom make these hinges? I could send one of the hinges as a template. I would probably need at least 60 of them - actually more like 70 to have some extras. It's not a huge order, but maybe enough to make it worth it for a company? Even if it cost $1000.00, that's a lot less than all new cabinets.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debrak2008

Try posting on the discussions side of this forum.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:09PM
More Discussions
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
White Macaubus and Sea Pearl quartzite
We are considering White Macaubus for our kitchen in...
poppy3212
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™