Granite countertop colors??

lwareJune 18, 2010

We are building a new house and picking out the granite is going to drive me crazy. We have dark brown stained concrete floors, hickory cabinets with natural stain, and cream/brown rock on the back side of our bar. I am looking for some advice or pics from someone with similar styles. Our granite contractor has the following slabs: taupe, yellow river, golden garden, porto fino, butterfly gold, lapidus, amarillo boreal, solarius, and muskat. Any experience with these colors? Any photos? All help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

You might want to post this question in On-Topic Discussions (link at the top of the list of threads). There's a lot more traffic there and a lot of people who know granite.

It sounds like most of the colors you mentioned are in the yellow/beige family. I think that while a color in that family would be okay, it's also going to be awfully monotone in there. If that's what you like, great! But I'd recommend more contrast. Black Galaxy might look stunning. So would Uba Tuba. With the hickory, I'd hesitate to put something too busy and exotic. Both of those have life, sparkle and interest, without being really busy.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Kitchen Layout help... Need opinions.
I am about to start building my house... Very excited...
adrituerk
Really want to improve my kitchen layout…
I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout...
lisakro
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Kraftmaid vs RTA (barkers, Scherrs)
My venture to update my kitchen keeps taking a back...
bichonlover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™