Kitcheaid - rust on the fridge door after 2 month

catalinnJune 21, 2014

I bought a full range of kitchen appliances for my kitchen: fridge, dishwasher, range, microwave, hood - and the fridge door shows rust - fine lines from top to bottom - I think this can not be considered cosmetic issue- I think has to do with KItcheaid using cheap materials and advertising them as high quality appliances - they should be ashamed and recall the whole batch of fridges - I will not clean the rust every week or month or even year - it,s stainless steel and should not rust period - I send them messages and I!m waiting for an answer but the only way to get something seems to be through court -anybody try to take them to court?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Oh, Catalinn, that's awful! I have a noisy Kitchenaid induction cooktop, so I agree, KA isn't what it used to be. You asked if anyone took them to court. I'm pretty sure there is (was) a class-action suit in Canada about the self-cleaning feature on the KA ovens causing the electronics to fry. But yes, the customer service is often not very good.

To be fair, when I called to ask if my cooktop was supposed to click, the young woman on the phone went to a lot of time and trouble, even talking to a field person, to determine that unfortunately, yes, that was the normal operation. But that was when the product was new, so they didn't have a script yet. I bet yours isn't the first SS appliance that has rusted.

In my experience, the best results always come from contacting the President or CEO of a company. It may take some digging, but you should be able to find contact information for the corporate officers. That should get some action! Good luck!

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™