Shamrock hardwood flooring - opinions?

threeberriesNovember 22, 2012

Hi - I want to install wide plank (~5") prefinished hardwood maple flooring in my new construction home. My builder found 5" Maple prefinished premium-grade hardwood (3/4" thick) from Shamrock. I've never heard of this brand before and after doing extensive research can't find any opinions or reviews. I want to make sure this is good quality flooring before I pay gobs of money to install it throughout my house. Doing some rough calculations I think my builder is getting it for about $5.60 per square foot. We did get a sample and I guess it looks fine, but it's hard to know what kind of quality we're getting just from that. Oddly the Shamrock website has almost no information about their flooring. The sample mentioned something about 7 coatings and aluminum oxide for the finish.

Thanks for any feedback on Shamrock.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karen.1288

We are getting Shamrock flooring. My brother sells wood floors and that is one of his distributors. I trust him that it is of good quality if that means anything to you.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:11PM
threeberries

Thanks so much for your response. It's a relief to know at least one other person recommends it. I'll post an update with my experience after it's installed and gets some use in case anyone else is considering Shamrock.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 9:38PM
baparks

Threeberries and Karen.1288:
Would you mind posting your experiences with the Shamrock flooring? I am looking to purchase 1,000 square feet for my house, to be glued over slab, and am looking for some feedback on this brand. I'm considering their Hickory Rancho Madera Toro (7") engineered product. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
bamboo floor fumes--anyone else have this problem??
Hi, has anyone installed a bamboo floor and had trouble...
nikwaters
floor refinishing question...how long does it really take?
I am looking at getting my floor refinished. It is...
cindywhitall
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
What is the size of your longest hardwood floor boards?
What ranges are the sizes of your hard wood floor boards...
tlbean2004
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™