Cleaning vinyl plank

madisonkathyNovember 2, 2012

I'm at a loss! I recently had Earthwerks vinyl plank installed. No matter what I use to wash it, it remains cloudy and streaky. Vinegar, Swiffer, Spik and Span, even. It's vinyl....why is it so hard to get it to look good?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbfirewife

We had Armstrong Alure Vinyl planking installed this past February. I use Armstrongs floor cleaner on it.. sorry I do not have it in front of me at the moment to tell you the exact name.. but Home Depot sells it, I have seen it at Lowe's also. It is the only product Armstrong recommends to clean the floor with. It smells like Amonia... Armstrong also sells and recommends a cleaner/sealer/finish that I use afterwards, in a Satin finish. It puts a really pretty and protective coating on it. Armstrong recommends that when the floor is first installed to clean/mop it at least 4 times to get any residue off that might be on it from the protective paper inbetween each plank is stored between, in the boxes, then put the sealer coat on. Perhaps your floor has some sort of residue on it that needs cleaned off, that would be my recommendation with some of the Armstrong vinyl floor cleaner, then try some of their sealer on it. I know it sounds and it is a lot of work but it's so worth it.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 1:06AM
More Discussions
What I Learned About Installing Engineered Floors
We just finished installing engineered flooring over...
francesca_sf
'Nature' Brand Wood Flooring
I'm looking for either Brazilian Walnut or Brazilian...
justhuff
bamboo floor fumes--anyone else have this problem??
Hi, has anyone installed a bamboo floor and had trouble...
nikwaters
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™