Sail switch help

LovinmyKitchenFebruary 20, 2012

I need to close an electrical circuit whenever my swamp cooler runs (2400cfm I believe). I also need to close an electrical circuit whenever the blower (600cfm) for the range exhaust run.

Am thinking the installation of some sail switches into the ducting might work.

Does anyone have any recommendations?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can get a relay that uses 120 volt for its control and this could be wired into the switch for the range.Check your amp draw and make sure the relay is of sufficient size.
An air pressure switch might be better for the cooler, but not sure where you would get one, maybe Grainger.

    Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 6:49PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
No Fully Trained Mini Split Installers
Reading threads about mini split heat pumps I got curious...
Can you vent a cooking range into a chimney?
I know you can't vent into fireplace chimney or one...
Geothermal in new construction.
Our house is currently under construction, and while...
HVAC design
In determining the HVAC system to use in our new construction,...
Moving floor vent to toekick area
Hello. We are renovating our kitchen as well as baths...
Sponsored Products
Possini Euro Design Deco Style Walnut Column Floor Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Hammered Solid Brass Quadruple Push Button Plate
Signature Hardware
Window Accents Regatta Stripe Woven 3 Piece Rod Pocket Tier and Valance Set Mult
$18.00 | Hayneedle
Verve Lamontageā„¢ Outdoor Rug
$349.50 | FRONTGATE
WAC Lighting | Six Light Bar - Xenon
$100.00 | YLighting
3-Pc. Colorful Cutlery Set - Orange & Yellow
$27.99 | Dot & Bo
Softest Rug 4' x 6' - WHITE
$699.00 | Horchow
Long 6'' Household Storage Organizer
$13.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™