asbestos tile/worried sick
hi, after getting 3 very high estimates for finishing our basement my dh and i have decided to clean it up ourselves and make it a run-around play area for our 2 year old daughter. After a dusty clean-up (during which our daughter was near by) we were informed that the tiles on the floor contain asbestos and the paint on the walls might contain lead as the house is 50 years old.Now I am worried sick as our toddler is exposed to this all. How long does it take for the asbestos fiber to settle? Can we ever use this basement? What are the steps we should take to make this space safe for our daughter? Thanks.