Rain! Rain! I have a love/hate relationship with it!

PevoMay 18, 2011

My new remodel was supposed to start in March, then April, then May and now maybe June. It's all the rain we've been having, the contractor can't dig for foundation work because the ground is too wet. I'm third in line for his services and he won't start a large project until he's finished all others. BTW we knew this when we hired him, it was part of the his appeal. OTOH it's given me time to tweak my kitchen layout for the umpteenth time. Today the contractor called and asked if I really, really wanted a screened in porch? I said yes, maybe, why? He said he'd been looking at our plans and thought a year round sun room would suit our needs better. Oh, yes I would love that but there's that stupid budget that I HAVE to keep to. Contractor said in his slow southern voice that it might not be as expensive as I think. Extra costs would be finished flooring, hauling away more dirt and the cost of windows. I have spent hours this afternoon redsigning the whole layout and now it's raining again but I'm excited by the new layout possibilities, contractor will drop off new plans tomorrow and we'll go over the pricing and details on Friday. Rain, rain go away I want my reno to start today!

Just needed to vent!

Pevo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lavender_lass

Wow! That sounds like a nice addition to your plans. Could the sunroom windows be screened, so you can open them in the summer? That might give you the best of both worlds :)

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 4:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pevo

LL, Just got off the phone with builder and he did say they would open to circulate the air. Great minds think alike! My son's lax practice was cancelled again but the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and neighbors are out walking, go figure!

Pevo

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Mixing finishes
Appliances are white with brushed stainless handles...
oasisowner
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™