Soapstone in Michigan

dydyMay 25, 2009

Hi! I'm new here. Already learning tons from you guys. :) Hope this is the right place for my question...

I'm in SE Michigan and wanting soapstone countertops. I'm having a hard time finding a source. Does anyone have suggestions?

I've made a million calls & on the best one, the woman went on and on about how Soapstone is not a natural product. I should get granite. The Soapstone is just ground up leftovers of quartz, granite etc etc. I was like errr are you talking about Silestone. Needless to say, I'm not going with that company. LOL

TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cranecass

I am also in SE Michigan looking for soapstone. Did you find someone you would recommend?

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 11:46PM
jjean

I bought granite at Capital Granite (Bridgeport MI ~ near Bay City/Saginaw) and they carry Soapstone.

While at first I wanted Soapstone, I changed my mind and bought Delicatus Brown granite for my kitchen. BUT Capital Granite does sell Soapstone and has a countertop in their showroom. I did NOT see any Soapstone slabs in their yard.

They also have a wonderful showroom in Petoskey. And they have a couple of Soapstone countertops for viewing.

Good luck ;)

jody

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 10:51AM
Debbi Branka

T&M in Farmington Hills and Pascucci in Wixom both had it yesterday (1/30/12) and Ciot in Troy had it on Sunday. It seems to be everywhere we're looking right now.

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
raee - any tips for cabinet maker you recommended?
Sorry, I still seem to be unable to figure out how...
oasisowner
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™