In SF Bay Area, better bamboo floor choices than Cali Bamboo?

mudwormNovember 17, 2012

We are just looking for some affordable durable non-laminate, non-tile material, and found a natural stranded woven wide plank floor from Cali Bamboo. So far, we have not found any negative reviews on Cali Bamboo; their customer service is very responsive; and the floor has 5000+ Jenka rating (off the chart). So all is good.

But before we put down the money to make the purchase (at ~$4.50/sp ft + $400+ freight charge), I want to check to see if there are other floors out there that offer better value for the price.

After all, we are right in the middle of a remodel and budget is tight. LL does sell some stranded bamboo for cheaper, but for some reason, I don't have confidence in their product. Am I just biased (because of some bad reviews of LL)?

Would appreciate any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starmouse

Hi, mudworm!
Did you choose to use Cali Bamboo flooring after all? Are you happy with it?

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 6:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudworm

Ha, GW notification worked! Haven't been to GW for a while. Yes, we used Cali Bamboo and are happy with it. Got the look we liked.

That being said, it is a plant based floor after all, so I have one edge that swelled up due to water pooling and a couple of dents when my husband dropped tools from a ladder. Not the floor's fault.

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 6:47PM
More Discussions
What clear finish to put on hardwood flooring?
I recently bought a home with the entry way being hardwood...
obrionusa
TEC power grout safe for marble
My installer uses TEC power grout. I have polished...
MrsD
EZ Lay Vinyl Plank Reviews?
We are looking at installing the Tiramisu EZ Lay Vinyl...
kyorkston
peg and groove hardwood floors
I have a 1931 home with a hardwood floor in the main...
zagyzebra
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™