Buying tiger wood online HELP!!

diy_mom_3October 26, 2010

Hello! I am a newbie to this forum. i am looking to buy 1300sf of tigerwood. Anyone has experience purchasing hardwood online? I look at LL but on-line retailers seem to have better deals. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
someone2010

I assume by tiger wood you mean fiddle back maple or curly maple. I used to buy mine from Sandy Pond Hardwoods. They had top quality at a good price. They are in Pa.

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 12:08AM
clg7067

BR-111 has some nice looking Tigerwood, so does Lowes.

I just took delivery on some engineered Timborana from BR-111 that I ordered online. It looks really nice and I'm going to be installing it this weekend.

Lowes

Here is a link that might be useful: br111

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 7:26PM
clg7067

The only negative I've heard of Bellawood was that there was more waste than normal.

After I finish my BR111 Timborana install (I love it), I think I've decided on Tigerwood for the master bedroom.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 8:23PM
diy_mom_3

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I actually leaning towards the BR-111 tigerwood. I found a local retailer that is willing to match the on-line price. He also told me about a brand called bella cera. anyone heard of that brand?

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 10:34PM
brucewg

Last month we purchased Tigerwood online from BR-111. I called them a couple of times with questions and felt the support was pretty good. Ordering was easy. We asked them to hold the shipment until this week so we would receive it when our schedule was ready. So I can't speak to the actual product yet but I'd not hesitate to order from them. I did notice when I pulled up the product on the website that they raised the price from $6.49 SF when I ordered (and paid for) it to $8.69 now....pretty steep increase...glad I paid for mine when I did.

Bruce

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 9:14PM
clg7067

Same here with the price increase. The price of my flooring increased 33% since I bought it last week. The other online sellers still have the lower prices.

BR111 has very good customer service. I accidentally order 6 inch wide instead of 3 inch wide and they stopped the shipment and canceled the order for me. My new flooring arrived 4 days later.

Bookmark   November 11, 2010 at 10:16AM
proinstallpa

I personally like Bellawood. Someone said something about more waste with Bellawood? That has NOTHING to do with the wood, and EVERYTHING to do with the installer.
By the way, there are a lot of different woods known as "tiger wood" usually it just refers to a brindle pattern.

If you want an immaculate floor, go for Bellawood Brazilian Koa. Lumber Liquidators is a great hardwood resource. You can order it online, and pick it up at one of their warehouses and save a fortune in shipping.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 12:27PM
More Discussions
Brazilian Cherry with infloor heat, rug or no rug
We just got our in floor heat installed in the sunroom. Hoping...
sewwhatsnew
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Has anyone used Wicanders Vinyl Comfort flooring?
I'm really struggling to find the right floor for my...
lovelierthoughts
Please help - can't find a review anywhere
I haven't been able to find any consumer feedback on...
ciana
Hallmark Hardwoods Historic Walnut Alta vista collection
Has anyone installed Hallmark Hardwoods Historic Walnut...
lotsofkids
Sponsored Products
Streamlight PolyStinger DS LED Light with 120-V AC/DC Charger - 776832
$179.99 | Hayneedle
Crosley Veranda Sofa Glider - CO1003A-BL
$449.00 | Hayneedle
BAZZ 300 Series 4 in. White Halogen Recessed Lighting Kit 300-130
$22.21 | Home Depot
Furniture of America Pierre Velvet Upholstered Bench Seating - IDF-BN6621
$309.99 | Hayneedle
Westinghouse Lighting Finials and Pulls Wooden Knob Pull Chain 7701300
$3.79 | Home Depot
Winners Only Topaz 55 in. Corner Media Base - Cinnamon - TT155WB
$844.00 | Hayneedle
Westinghouse Ceiling Fans Acrylic Dolphin Pull Chain 7713400
$8.97 | Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LA Rugs Shag Plus Dark Brown 4 ft. 11 in.
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™