trane xr-16/tam7/visionpro iaq v.2 questions

JBRoberts38February 17, 2013

Hi,
I am having to make some choices to tell the installer this week, and need some help.

1. I have lineset of 3/8-3/4, and understand that ideally it should be 3/8-5/8. New 5/8 line is $250 for 50' line about 17' lateral, 17" up. Efficiency? Lengevity?

2. Lineset used for R-22. What should I look for as best Purge for oil? I understand there is R-11; some use Nitro, some use CO2.

3. I understand that VIsionPro IAQ with 4 stages heat some way controls 2 stage compressor, 2 stages heat strips. Does it also control 2 stages of compressor during cooling? If it can, should I? I will have outdoor sensor, and can have separate humidistat (close on rise) or use the one on VisionPro IAQ.. Which will be most effective way for this system to be configured to remove humidity?

THANKS!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
audiomixer

1. Determined by the manufacturer of the equipment. It's all in the manual.

2. Seems that should be up to the installer....if they are qualified.

Here ask this question to the installer: "Are you willing to absolutely guarantee there will be no issues and feel comfortable doing it that way?"

After all, the installer will be the person coming back if there are problems.

3. Call Honeywell and tell them your thinking about purchasing this unit and ask them......or your installer.

User manual: https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-1815EFS.pdf

Also see below for installation.

Refer to this similar question: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1262861-Which-Hooneywell-Best-for-XR-16-TAM7-VisionPro-IAQ-or-Profile-IAQ

Here is a link that might be useful: Vision Pro iaq installation manual

This post was edited by audiomixer on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 1:44

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 1:39AM
mike_home

I could be wrong, but I don't see any harm having a line set which is the next size larger than the minimum. The manufacturer usually will specify the minimum diameter. The diameter needs to increase in size for long runs.

If the lineset is easy to replace, then I recommend to spend the money and replace it. This solves the problem on what is the proper method of cleaning. It also puts all the responsibility on the contractor in case there is a leak. The manufacturer will specify how the lineset should be cleaned if you do decide to keep it.

The Vision Pro thermostat can control a 2-stage AC condenser. If you live a area with high humidity then spending the extra money on a 2-stage condenser is worth it in my opinion. I would use the humidity control on the thermostat. It is probably more accurate than your current humidstat.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 7:59AM
tigerdunes

If you replace, save the old lineset, clean it up if needed, and take it to a scrap metal dealer for it's scrap copper value. Might give you a nice dinner for two.

IMO

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Does Air Duct Cleaning really help?
We live in a 40 year old home with a forced air gas...
lincann
Heat Pump.....will it really save me money?
I recently moves into a new house in Mass, a 1650 sq...
Jinx_1832
company insists on all payment in advance
Having 2 mini-splits installed, have already paid half...
gramarows
gas wont come on. forced air gas fired furnance
the Furnace was starting then running a couple minutes...
waterguytexas
Thoughts on proposed HVAC system?
To start: my house is two-level (main plus upper)...
gbleeker
Sponsored Products
Clear Glass Bathroom Shelf
TheBathOutlet
Riva Bath Bar
Lightology
Tech Lighting | Sportster Head
$116.00 | YLighting
Troy Ebony Six-Light Pendant
$619.99 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Area Rug: Espana Border Yellow 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Stufurhome 56" Princeton Single Sink Bathroom Vanity with Baltic Brown Granite T
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™