Should I rip off all tile floor of foyer and kitchen?

jhome2007October 24, 2010

I am working on my kitchen remodeling. We have a 200 sf kitchen area including a powder room. The entry of kitchen is a foyer that is around 100 sf. There is no door between them. Now the floor is all tile (13x13). Since we are going to tear down a partial wall and other arrangement, there are few tiles need to be removed and replaced. I only have 4 pieces left from previous owner and the tile is discontinued. Consider the new kitchen we have to replace them. My question is that should I rip them all including foyer area? The tiles are OK and I just feel bad to chop them off. And it will cost me 30% more for the flooring. Some said it is better to keep foyer and kitchen floor the same material since it is a small housr (1700 sf cape). Should I keep them different tile? Rip them off and do it all in once or I would live with it and maybe sometime in the future I can have foyer replaced with hardwood floor (kitchen is tile)?

Thanks,

-J

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
echoflooring

It's your call....They make 100 different flavors of ice cream for a reason...if it would just be tile, I would make it the same....but the hardwood could make it special...Small areas sometimes look more elegant if the same flooring flows through..so keep that in mind..

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 12:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debbie_2008

I would probably rip it up.

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 4:27AM
More Discussions
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
Handscraped hardwood -- will it become dated?
So we are in the process of building a new home. We...
carsonheim
LVT or Tile
I am trying to decide what to replace my carpet in...
hlariscy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™