Carpet made easy

fpgoaOctober 12, 2011

My wife and I are not carpet experts. We had some terrible Empire (yes, I know) carpet in our family room (approx 17 x 17 with 4 steps) which has been destroyed by water damage and we are seeking out newer middle of the road carpet which we would like to last approx 15 years. We have a rowdy toddler who runs everywhere and spills stuff and a small aged dog who occasionally poops.

Besides not getting white carpet, is there any recommendation anyone has? I assume nylon carpet which is ready for high traffic.

We are working strictly with insurance settlement funds (1400 bucks?) and probably will buy from HD or Lowes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

If you had a bad experience with empire, why would you go with HD or Lowes. As risky if not a greater risk. Now, your allowance is approx 40 bucks a yard. Go to a Shaw Aligned store and ask for either Silver or gold off of their Anso color wall. You will have a better than middle of the road carpet and it will have a 20 year warranty. Your allowance should get you a nice product.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
What is the size of your longest hardwood floor boards?
What ranges are the sizes of your hard wood floor boards...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™