Any experience with cork floors?

LottieSOctober 23, 2011

I'd really appreciate any feedback you have regarding cork flooring. We're considering putting cork in the kitchen area. Recently we took down the wall between the dining area and kitchen and installed a peninsula. Not sure we could match the old oak floors in the dining area and like the green aspect of cork. As we'd be putting it down ourselves my husband would like to use the floating floor rather than the glue down. We had a great experience with the pergo in the kitchen and I think both the laminates and floating cork floors have similiar midsections. Has anyone had negative or positive experiences with floating cork floors? We've liked samples from both APC and US flooring. Has anyone had experience with their products? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolmka

We installed cork in our Family Room. We used We cork flooring in a floating floor. We have a high traffic area, door to pool, 2 steps up to to kitchen/lr/front door, and hall way to garage/mudroom/laundry room. The kitchen/Dr area is red oak. Debated about adding more wood, but we are so glad we went with the cork. It wears like a champ. I added a link for the floor we got. We went with the planks. Good luck. PS Be careful about the brand. I was told to stay away from the Chinese cork.

Here is a link that might be useful: We Cork

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 3:26PM
LottieS

Thanks for the feedback. Reading the reviews was interesting. Thank you Alex5567. Carolmka thanks for the link and feedback on We Cork. US Floors and APC have dealers in my area and I looked closely at their samples. The US Floors seemed harder and smoother than the APC sample. My primary concern is my cats using them as scratching posts and my DH is very concerned about water damage.

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 10:58PM
carolmka

I have a door out to a swimming pool. Water has not been a problem. N more so that the wood floor in my kitchen. I have a cat and had a big dog over Christmas. Floor survived better than my wood floor.

Bookmark   November 1, 2011 at 1:40PM
laxsupermom

We have Durodesign glue down tiles. Water has never been a problem, and we have messy boys and a pool out back. Our cat has never done anything to the floor except throw up on it, but she does that everywhere.

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 8:07AM
More Discussions
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
What is the size of your longest hardwood floor boards?
What ranges are the sizes of your hard wood floor boards...
tlbean2004
Indusparquet...opinions, please
After a frustrating on-off search for over two year,...
joyintx
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™